Following the success of our local IDEA workshop in Rotterdam, our custom-built platform is ready to go. This means you can start your own group or join a group and assess research claims!
Who can assess claims?
Part of the scope of the repliCATS project, and indeed the wider SCORE program is to examine the markers of expertise (e.g. education, experience, domain knowledge) and the role they may play in making good judgements about the likelihood a research claim will replicate.
This means an eligible research participant for our project is someone who has completed or is completing a relevant undergraduate degree, and is over 18 years of age. And, importantly, is interested in making judgements about replicability.
p.s. The people at our workshop had fun!
How to express interest?
You can express interest using this form (external link), or just e-mail repliCATSfirstname.lastname@example.org so we can can get back to you.
Starting your own group
All you need is a minimum of five people (including you) to start a group.
- We do most of the admin to help you get started
- You can choose how many claims you want to do (we think 5-10 is reasonable)
- You can choose how to run the group, for example, you could a one-off workshop at your institution/home town, or incorporate this into your regular discussion group
- Your group can meet face-to-face or virtually
- We have a “tim tam fund” to help cater a face-to-face workshop
- We’ll try as much as possible to assign you research claims related to your discipline (reminder: this project is looking at criminology, economics, education marketing, political science, psychology, public administration and sociology research claims)
- …but your group could also be interdisciplinary.
There’s lots more we can say about how remote groups work, but we’re happy to be flexible so it suits you. For now you can express interest using this form (external link), or just e-mail repliCATSemail@example.com so we can can get back to you.
Just want to stay up-to-date on the project? Subscribe to our newsletter
We have a quarterly newsletter we send out about our project. By subscribing you’ll get a short, snappy newsletter letting you know what we’ve been up to, and what’s happening with the repliCATS project.
Privacy Collection Notice – the repliCATS project.
Human ethics application ID: 1853445.1
The information on this form is being collected by the repliCATS project, a research group at the University of Melbourne. You can contact us at repliCATSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The information you provide will be used to communicate with you about the repliCATS project. The information will be used by authorised staff for the purpose for which it was collected, and will be protected against unauthorised access and use.